Smith County "Stay at Home" Orders expired on April 30th. However, just to help continue to "flatten the curve" we are choosing to continue some of the safety measures on how we interact with the public. This is in compliance with both Smith County Offices and the Governor's Orders.
***Due to the overwhelming amount of "catch up" work to be done, we have once again made some changes to our "normal" mode of operations. Here is a list of these changes.
1. Appointments, drop offs, pick ups, etc, CALL when you get here. If you cannot get through on the phone line - poke your head in the door and let a receptionist know you are here. At this time, we are only allowing 2 people in the lobby, so if there are already 2 people in the lobby, please wait for it to clear up.
2. We are back to scheduling ALL SERVICE appointments.
3. We are accepting "drop-offs" ONLY at this time - NO WALK INS, NO EXCEPTIONS! All "drop offs" must be here by 12:00 NOON and NO later, otherwise please wait until the next day and be here before NOON. Also, please call to let us know that you are planning on dropping your pet off and for what services. You may also make an appointment, however appointment wait times are now up to 2 weeks out. Again, we ask for patience. :)
4. If you do "drop" your pet off, they must be up-to-date on vaccinations. If proof of vaccinations cannot be provided, we will vaccinate them if they are well enough, this is at doctor's discretion.
5. Kennel operations are resuming too. We are accepting boarding and baths. However, ask that you give a 1-2 day notice for these services. Baths need to be dropped off no later than 10:00am! Again, either call office to let us know that you are here or poke your head in the door.
Our staff is continuing to work diligently to provide more strict infection control for everyone's safety. This includes increased disinfection measures within the clinic. Below is a list of things that have NOT changed...
While your pets are not a common known risk factor, public spaces are, which is why we are implementing the following new precautions to protect both our staff and our clients.
1. Please DO NOT come to the clinic if you are sick or unwell.
2. Only ONE person is allowed in the room for the appointment. All other persons will need to stay in their vehicle.
3. When calling in refills for medication or food, if you would like to pay over the phone, just let the receptionist know - this will limit your time in the clinic.
4. Please avoid kissing, hugging or being in your pet's face while the doctor and technician are performing their exam - try and maintain a 6 foot distance between yourself and our staff.
5. Please DO NOT "hang" or "lean" on counters while being helped and again maintain distance between other clients/staff in the clinic.
6. You may also be interested in using our "Online Pharmacy" to order prescriptions through. This allows medications to be delivered directly to your home and many times at a discount to you. This link is available at the top of our website.
7. Please use common sense, if you are sick, have been around someone who is sick and your pet does not need immediate attention - we can reschedule your appointment - there is no charge for cancelling the appointment.
9. We will be following the guidelines of our governing bodies and changes maybe made depending on the evolving situations.
We also would like to encourage you to watch your local news in order to stay informed on any other announcements.
*Thank you for your support and cooperation during this time. We truly appreciate our clients and pets for making this as smooth an adjustment as possible. All the best to everyone and take care.*